10 Days Southern Tanzania Safari
Day 01 - Fly to Dar Es Salaam
Fly to Dar es Salaam international airport and met on arrival. Depending on arrival time, you may be taken to a Hotel in Dar es salaam for overnight. HB.
Day 02 - 03 : Mikumi National Park
Today, with a packed breakfast, you will leave Dar es salaam and drive to Mikumi National Park. Opened in 1964 with an area of 1070 km2 that extended in 1975 and reach a total area of 3,230 km2, is the fifth largest National Park in Tanzania located about288 km from Dar es Salaam a four hours’ drive to get there. Arriving in time for lunch and thereafter an evening game drive. You will be accommodated at Mikumi Wildlife Camp for ONE nighton Full Board.
Day 03 - 06 : Mikumi to Ruaha National Park
Today, leaving Mikumi in the morning after the breakfast and drive to Ruaha National Park. This journey will take you about 6 hours on a paved main road passing through farmlands of Ruaha Mbuyuni and Iringa town to Ruaha. An exciting drive that gives you chance to be in contact with day to day living of the people who lives along the area. Arriving in your Lodge for dinner and overnight ready for the next two nights with activities.
The park is one of the few famous wilderness in the country where one can have a rare experience of game viewing spiced up by the fascinating landscape. Here you will have chance to see some rare antelopes which cannot be found in any other national park. Your guide will ensure the best experience that goes with you. Three nights at Ruaha National Park on Full Board basis.
Day 06 - 10 : Ruaha to Selous game reserve
This day, after your breakfast, you will load your duffle bags and yourself in to the Safari jeep and drive the Selous Game Reserve. Arriving to your camp where you will stay for the next 3 nights on a full board basis. Selous Game Reserve is Africa’s largest and oldest game reserve.
It is one of its most scenic wildlife destinations; the beauty of the park is matched by the quality of activities here such as boating, walking and fly camping compliment standard game driving in thriving wildlife areas. Here you have another three nights and fly back to Dar es salaam where you will connect with your international flight back home.
Request a quotation
- A professional English-Speaking Driver/Guide
- All Taxes/VAT
- All park entrance fees.
- Full board accommodation on tour
- Camping Gears for Public Camps
- Transport based on excellent 4*4 Vehicle rebuilt for safari to give nice game viewing
- Driver’s Salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Game drives as per the Itinerary
- Complementary unlimited drinking water during safari
- 24 hours park fees, Transit fees and crater fees
- International flights
- Additional accommodation at the end of the tour
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Extras at the lodges i.e. Alcoholic and soft drinks, telephone, laundry, Internet etc.
- Tips to drivers and Guides (highly recommended)
- Visa, Travel Insurance
- Medical and luggage insurance
- Other personal expenses