Meet and greet at your hotel in Dar es Salaam at 6:00 am. Transfer to Mikumi NP via Morogoro. Clients arriving from Zanzibar with the morning Ferry boats are also welcome. We will pick you up from the Ferry station in Dar. We can arrange your pickup from you hotel in Zanzibar also to the ferry and return trip.
Connect African Safaris will drive you from Dar–es- salaam early in the morning straight to Mikumi National Park. The drive will take about 6 hours with a lunch stop. Enjoy the view of traditional African societies during the drive, and even stop to say hello to local villagers and Masai tribesmen and women.
On arrival you will proceed to the park and start with game drives. Here you will get an opportunity to see the most fascinating animals in the park like huge elephants, king of the jungle Lion, Wild dog, Zebras, Giraffes, Impalas, Hyena, Buffalo, Wildebeest, one of the biggest antelope in the world Eland, Hartebeest, Crocodile, Lizard, Lions and other residents. The park also has over 300 species of birds will be observed.
Late afternoon you will do game drive with sunset view and watch the animals drink water at the hippo pool. It will offer you an opportunity to explore and see the wildlife in their natural habitat. Dinner and overnight can be at either Tanswiss hotel or Camp Bastian lodge based on client selection.
After your breakfast, you will check out of the lodge and go back to Mikumi national park for a morning game drive for a chance to see the Lion and other game hunters as they search for their morning food.
Later on you will exit the Mikumi gate and start your journey back to the city of Dar es Salaam.
Meals - Breakfast & Lunch
Drop us an email or WhatsApp message for your personalized itinerary program and quote.
This safari is organized by Connect African Safaris – Dar-es-salaam team. A local tour operator with Tala license number 002848. This tour offers you the opportunity to visit the Mikumi National Park which has over time progressed to be a wildlife safari destination filled with amazing activities. Located 283 km west of Dar es Salaam, the park was established in 1964 and up to now is widely considered the country’s 5th largest national park
- A professional English-Speaking Driver/Guide
- All Taxes/VAT
- All park entrance fees.
- Full board accommodation on tour
- Camping Gears for Public Camps
- Transport based on excellent 4*4 Vehicle rebuilt for safari to give nice game viewing
- Driver’s Salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Game drives as per the Itinerary
- Complementary unlimited drinking water during safari
- 24 hours park fees, Transit fees and crater fees
- International flights
- Additional accommodation at the end of the tour
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Extras at the lodges i.e. Alcoholic and soft drinks, telephone, laundry, Internet etc.
- Tips to drivers and Guides (highly recommended)
- Visa, Travel Insurance
- Medical and luggage insurance
- Other personal expenses